Thursday, January 3, 2008

RAM Discs are Awesome!

I might be behind the curve a bit with my technology and I blame that on my beautiful MacBook Pro. I've had it for about 18 months and I have not wanted for anything since that wonderful day back in July 06. Since that fated day I have basically stopped scouring the interweb for fixes that make my machine faster or to make cleaning up cache easier, wiping out cookies, etc.

I did notice a bit of slow-ish-ness behaviour tonight while I was using crack, I mean StumbleUpon. I quickly went to my Ice Clean application and wiped all the caches, ran all the scripts from Apple, and verified my prefs all in one stroke. I'm smiling at that one stroke part of my last comment, ahhhh.

I started nosing around in Ice Clean for OS X and found a button that said "Burn 2GB RAM Disc". I said "OK" because I'm easy going and who doesn't want 2GB of extra RAM? Who? That's right! Nobody!

I have now been Stumbling at warp speed with the 3GB of RAM, technically. It's awesome and I'm probably not going to sleep for the next few days.

Check out Ice Clean here: www.macdentro.com You'll need OS X Tiger or better to enjoy the pure bacon and butter ecstasy that is working on a Mac and using cool apps like Ice Clean and Firefox.

Cheers

No comments: